The Lahore University of Management Sciences is considered the top ranked university of Pakistan. Students from all over the country try out for its admission so that they could be a part of this prestigious institute. LUMS is one of those institutions which tries to give chance to every one of those candidates who is deserving and a cut above the rest but are unable to meet the financial criteria of the university. So LUMS had started The National Outreach Program (NOP) back in 2001 to select all those students and give them a chance to also experience the benefits. So guys, NOP for 2019 is on its way and if you want to be a part of it so this article here be your guide to it! If you will scroll down below you can find all the details such as the key highlights of this program, eligibility criteria, registration deadline and the application procedure.
Highlights of LUMS The National Outreach Program 2019:
- The scholarship program is for LUMS university only.
- The NOP is for undergraduate degree program only.
- Till date LUMS has inducted 1000 NOP students, where 435 have already graduates and are well established.
Undergraduate Programs on Scholarship:
The following programs are being offered on this scholarship:
- BSc (Hons)
- Accounting & Finance
- Management Sciences
- BA (Hons)
- BSc (Hons)
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Economics & Mathematics
- Economics & Politics
- Political Science
- Computer Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- BA – LLB (Hons)
When to Apply?
This is a need-based scholarship, as this process takes almost 2 years so the best time to apply is when you are in the first year of Intermediate.
- The applicants must have 80% marks in their Matriculation exams or O-levels equivalent.
- They fulfill the criteria for financial assistance.
- The students first have to fulfill the above criteria after which they are inducted into NOP summer coaching session in which they are cross examined in various exercises and tests. After that students are evaluated on their performances and get registered in the entrance test (fully paid by LUMS).
- Students who successfully clear their admission test are then given admission in LUMS.
- It must be remembered that the whole process is done on merit basis completely and there is a special committee formed whose job is to analyse that the applicant is indeed a genuine deserving candidate for this financial assistance.
Application Procedure LUMS Scholarship Programme:
- All those who wish to join LUMS programme for scholarship must apply in their first year of intermediate or A-levels. As this a 2-year process so it’s better if you apply in the first year of your study.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called in for the summer session of NOP which will be during the holidays and will be completely paid by LUMS except travelling expenses.
- Successful students will get selected for the SAT which’s fee will also be borne by LUMS.
- To fill in the online application form for admission in LUMS the successful students of NOP will have to visit this link. The students who qualify will be awarded LUMS scholarship.
The last registration date for LUMS NOP is 5th March 2019.
Important Dates to Lookout For:
|NOP Summer Coaching Session Application Deadline||March 01, 2018 till 5:00 pm (PST)|
|NOP Summer Coaching Session Document Submission Deadline||March 02, 2018 till 5:00 pm (PST)|
|Selection of Candidates for NOP Summer Coaching Session||May – June each year|
|NOP Summer Coaching Session||July – August each year|
|Selection of Candidates for LUMS Undergraduate Application||September – October each year|
|Deadline to apply for admission (online)||January 30, 2018 till 5:00 pm (PST)|
|Deadline to submit supporting documents||January 31, 2018 till 5:00 pm (PST)|
|Deadline to take SAT||March 10, 2018|
|Admission decisions||1st April – 30th June 2018|
|Classes Start||September 2018|
More Scholarship Opportunities: