The Harvard University is conducting a Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute Visiting Artist Fellowship for the year 2018 & 2019. This is a Visiting Artist Fellowship opportunity for all the artists in South Asia. The Visiting Artist Fellowship will be an 8 weeks program in which it will provide the applicants a platform on which the can conduct independent research on the critical issues in South Asia. This program is held every year at Harvard University and 4 4 artists are selected to come to Harvard and discuss with the students and faculty the global issues in South Asia. Further below you can find the VAF details, eligibility criteria, registration deadline and how can you apply for this scholarship. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down below and check out the rest of the details:
Highlights of Visiting Artist Fellowship at Harvard University:
- The program will be conducted in Massachusetts, United States of America.
- The host organization for this program will be Harvard University Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute.
- The fellowship duration will be for 8 weeks.
- The fellowship program for fall 2018 will start on 1st October 2018 and end on 20th November 2018.
- The fellowship program for fall 2019 will start on 4th March 2018 and end on 22nd April 2018.
- Each of the selected 4 candidates will receive $4000 per month to cover their expenses during the fellowship at the Mittal Institute.
- The program will also include one round trip economy travel cost from South Asia to Cambridge Massachusetts.
- The orientation will be held in the first week of Visiting Artist Fellowship during which the artists will also receive the access to Harvard’s physical and digital library and archives.
- The artists will get an office space at the institute.
- The candidates can also get the opportunity to attend the classes on campus upon the approval of the faculty.
- The applicants applying for this program must be residents of South Asia in which the following countries come: Afghanistan Bangladesh Bhutan India Myanmar Nepal Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The candidate must be a mid-career artist with recognized work and who is active exhibits his/her current work in professional artistic venues such as gallery and museums. An artist with professional training will be preferred.
- Must have an exceptional capacity for productive scholarship.
- Must have a valid passport and able to apply for a visa.
- Shortlisted candidates will have interview through a Skype session.
- An artist statement up to 300 words max.
- Work Portfolio: Should not contain more than 15 images/ 15 min of video, 15 pages of text or whatever medium suits the best work of the candidate. Check this link for an example.
- Fellowship proposal max of 1000 words.
- Letters of recommendation
Candidates must apply through CARAT. To apply through CARAT, candidates must creat an XID account. The instruction is here on this link.
Guys this was all about Latest Artist Fellowship at Harvard University for 2018 & 2019 – Apply Online. We hope that you enjoyed reading our article and found this above-given information fruitful. You can also visit https://jobspage.pk/ to read about more jobs, admissions, scholarship, programs and other exciting stuff.